Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

If my ex took me to court and did not show up for the settlement hearing and now his attorney quit what are my chances of getting full custody and legal expenses? I agreed at the pendalite hearing to supervised visitation in nov and he still has not shown up to see his son either.

G. Joseph Holthaus III Law Offices of G. Joseph Holthaus

I would need to know why he did not show and why his attorney quit as there could be reasonable explanations. Without exceptional circumstances, it is favorable to a determination that you be ordered full physical custody given your ex has been granted supervised visitation but has not followed through to see his child since November. There are many matters involved with child custody and support (i.e., best interest of the child is the standard) as well as an award of legal expenses. I am available for a free initial phone consultation.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland