Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

Custody

My girlfriend and I relocated to Maryland on March 5 of 2006. She is working full time as a retail manager and I have been a stay at home dad. On April 15, 2006 she asked that our 4 year old son and I go back to Rochester, N.Y. because she needed ''time and space'' to figure out what she wants in her life. I have no money, no job and am currently trying to get my driver's license back so as I can obtain employment and better my position. I have no idea what my options are at the moment in termns of custody, child support, etc... please help me. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Alton Drew Alton Drew, LLC

Re: Custody

It sounds like the girlfriend is dumping off her responsibilities on you. Draft up a custody agreement with her. In the meantime find a job, any job and move in wih your son to your own place in Maryland. Prospects for work are better here than in Rochester. I would also recommend accessing your local department of social services for temporary assistance.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland