Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland


My girlfriend and I relocated to Maryland on March 5 of 2006. She is working full time as a retail manager and I have been a stay at home dad. On April 15, 2006 she asked that our 4 year old son and I go back to Rochester, N.Y. because she needed ''time and space'' to figure out what she wants in her life. I have no money, no job and am currently trying to get my driver's license back so as I can obtain employment and better my position. I have no idea what my options are at the moment in termns of custody, child support, etc... please help me. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Asked on 5/05/06, 9:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alton Drew Alton Drew, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Custody

It sounds like the girlfriend is dumping off her responsibilities on you. Draft up a custody agreement with her. In the meantime find a job, any job and move in wih your son to your own place in Maryland. Prospects for work are better here than in Rochester. I would also recommend accessing your local department of social services for temporary assistance.

Read more
Answered on 5/05/06, 9:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now