Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

I need to enroll a divorce order from Japan in Maryland where my ex-wife and the property is located. The divorce order is in Japanese. How do I do this?

Asked on 3/13/12, 6:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to get an official translation, preferably from a court approved translator through the circuit court in the county in which you want to enroll the order. Contact the clerk's office at the court to see if they have a Japanese translator they can refer you to. If they don't they can tell you how to get a court-approved translator.

Read more
Answered on 3/14/12, 1:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now