Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

I have filed a contempt of visitation on the sole parent since this person wasn't following the order in place. I have the child for two months out of the summer in which the mediation date will be in this time frame. with the judge signing the contempt paper i filed does the order still stand or can the custodial parent demand i return the child prior to my visitation time...i live in maryland

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

Your question is difficult to understand, but I am assuming that the paper the judge signed is a show cause order generated by your contempt petition. That means there will be a hearing at which the custodial parent will have to respond to your petition, and the judge will determine if they have in fact violated the order. In the mean time, you are still entitled to whatever visitation the existing order provides you.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland