Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

My husband condoned my affair but refuses to file for divorce. There is no hope of reconciliation. He has lived literally locked away in the basement of the home for two years & refuses to communicate with me or my minor child. He threatened suicide once. I left the home due to the mental stress. Do I have grounds to file under constructive desertion?

Asked on 6/17/13, 8:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

G. Joseph Holthaus III Law Offices of G. Joseph Holthaus
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Possibly. You should consider leaving and, while in the process, attempting a separation agreement or potentially seeing if he will leave after a separation agreement is reached. You should contact an attorney for representation as there are many matters involved with separation agreements and subsequent enforcement/filing in court/etc.

Read more
Answered on 6/17/13, 9:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now