Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

(Maryland) I am divorced and have a mentally damaged twenty three year old daughter. I am already getting child support for my son, still under eighteen. If my daughter is declared mentally incapable, could I get child support for her?

Asked on 1/27/13, 12:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, a court can order parents to support children with special needs if they are unable to care for themselves.

Read more
Answered on 1/28/13, 7:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now