Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

Parent taking child out of country

My ex-wife took a govt job out of the country, and is now denying my 30 days visitation. She is giving me one week with my daughter while she is here in the states getting remarried, then going back home. She has already turned my daughter against me and one week is not enough time to mend things. Is there anything I can do to keep my child here for the 30 days without being accused of kidnapping. Also, I never signed for her to leave the country. How did she get her out without my approval?

Alton Drew Alton Drew, LLC

Re: Parent taking child out of country

Is the 30-day visitation right provided for in a court order or in your divorce decree? If so, you can sue her in order to enforce it.

Joseph Laumann Law Office of Joseph Laumann, PA

Re: Parent taking child out of country

You would have to file for contempt if she denies the visitation. As for moving out of the country, it would depend on what the order says.

If you would like to speak to me further, please contact my office for a consultation

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland