Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

My sons father had me served with a summons for joint custody of our two year old son who's life hes been in and out of. All that he stated in his petition were all false claims and I have thirty day send or bring in a response. My sons father and I have never been married, so I need to know would it be best if I find a lawyer or represent myself in this matter? Also all the claims that he stated I have the documentation to prove that hes lying,

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

You may have a very strong case but when your son is at stake you are wise to retain an experienced family law attorney. Your county bar association should maintain a list of such attorneys who may represent you at reduced fees if you income qualify. Of course, personal recommendations and web investigation are also good sources.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland