Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

My sons father had me served with a summons for joint custody of our two year old son who's life hes been in and out of. All that he stated in his petition were all false claims and I have thirty day send or bring in a response. My sons father and I have never been married, so I need to know would it be best if I find a lawyer or represent myself in this matter? Also all the claims that he stated I have the documentation to prove that hes lying,

Asked on 1/29/13, 2:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may have a very strong case but when your son is at stake you are wise to retain an experienced family law attorney. Your county bar association should maintain a list of such attorneys who may represent you at reduced fees if you income qualify. Of course, personal recommendations and web investigation are also good sources.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/13, 1:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now