Maryland  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/20/12, 2:52 pm

My spouse filed for divorce (uncontested) in November 2011 in the state of Kentucky, although we had a major disagreement on child vistation. I, of course filed my counter petition to this in the allotted time and have not heard or received anything from the courts or her lawyer. I filed my divorce paperwork here in Maryland recently and now have our daughter as stated in my paperwork until something is worked out in the courts. I would like to know if my case file takes precedence over hers or can she file a motion for a hearing for visitation in Kentucky and force me to go to court there?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search