Maryland  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/14/12, 7:44 am

My stepdauther mother moved without telling us and is now refusing to give us her address. What can we do?

Theres is a court order for physical custoday to mother visitation w/ father but joint legal custoday.

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/14/12, 8:49 am by Robert Sher

Generally the custody/visitation order obligates the custodial parent to petition the court for approval of any intent to move. If that is so in your husband's case, he can file a petition for contempt which will order the mother to divulge the address. If that requirement was not included in the court order, he could ask for modification of the custody order to include that requirement and to divulge the current address. Of course if as a result of this he is being denied visitation, that should also be part of a court proceeding.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Wagshal and Sher 4824 Edgemoor Lane Bethesda, MD 20814

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search