Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

I am the only surviving parent of my child. Do anybody else have more rights to my child than me. Say an for example.

Asked on 8/30/13, 1:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You have superior rights to your child over anyone else. However, this would not preclude an effort from another relative to seek custody if they could establish that you are not capable of parenting your child and they are therefore endangered.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/13, 7:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now