Maryland  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/18/13, 8:46 pm

My ex has only visitation rughts to our 2 children. On several occasions he has unsafely transported the kids by buckeling 2 kids in one seat belt or having kids sit on each others laps due to too many people in the car. I filed to modify visitation today. My question is do I have the right to withhold his visitation due to his lack of satefy concern and kids over all well being? Or can I be held in contempt?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/19/13, 6:55 am by Robert Sher

Legally you don't have this right, but I doubt you would be sanctioned for acting in the best interests of your children. You could request an emergency hearing on this issue so you could go before a judge hopefully before the next visitation day to get a court order prohibiting him from doing this. The problem is enforcement of course, but if you can rely on your children to tell you what he's doing that should help.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Wagshal and Sher 4824 Edgemoor Lane Bethesda, MD 20814

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search