Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

my wife's daughter is 13 yrs old and lives with us. Her father is in another state about 70 miles away and he see her every other weekend and pays support.Since she is being raised in my home in maryland what rights do I have when it comes to disciplining her.

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

As a resident of your home you have the right to impose reasonable rules on her and enforce them. However, I suggest you work out discipline with your wife, who has legal custody. Hopefully the two of you can agree on the rules and the sanctions. If the bio father is trying to get in the way of what your relationship is with your stepdaughter, your wife needs to work this out with him.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland