Maryland  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/12/04, 10:50 am

Verbal Contract

I was a part of a verbal contract between my uncle and my deceased father's business partner (BP). The contract was that after my dad passed, the BP would keep the business and continue to operate on my uncle's property and with the contracts that were between my uncle and my father. I was to be paid a certain part of each transaction. I was hardly ever paid and kept persuing my uncle about why. My uncle's accountant was brought in. We still received nothing. Basically ,we got the brush off each time we approached my uncle or the accountant. Just this past week, we found out that my uncle's company, under the direction of the accountant, took a sum of money from the BP payment 5 months ago. The BP was told that it was a payment for me, however, I never received any money. I was never told that anyone took anything on my behalf and I have never recieved any accounting of the money. When we tried to talk to my uncle about this, he refused to see us. His secretary said that he would call us, but he did not. We cannot resolve this in a peaceful manner. What should I do? What type of lawyer should we see?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search