Legal Question in Immigration Law in Maryland

I am a student on F1 visa. Been here for 5 years exactly. My visa has sinced expired on August 6, 2013. My husband is now filing an I-130 for me. My question is, do I put on the form that I have worked here and filed taxes with my husband for 2012. I received a work permit and a social in 2009 but the work permit have expired also in 2010. I'm just wondering if this will cause any problems for me with USCIS or can I explained that the economy got bad and family members were unable to pay my way so I had to seek employment.

Asked on 10/04/13, 10:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If your husband is a U.S. citizen, then it should not create a problem. However, you should not be working without a valid EAD.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/13, 11:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now