Legal Question in Employment Law in Maryland

Non-payment of commissions

My husband has worked in 3 sales positions over the past year, and has not been paid the commissions that he earned. The total is close to $20,000.00 and it has put us into serious debt. Can we get representation for this, or is it not possible to collect?

Asked on 9/16/06, 7:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

G. Joseph Holthaus III Law Offices of G. Joseph Holthaus
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Non-payment of commissions

Based on your question, your debt can be collected. I am available to discuss your recovery. I will need documentation of the agreement and this may include past compensation for commissions. A written agreement is preferred however an oral agreement may be enforcable.

Maryland's wage enforcement laws may provide for penalties and recovery of attorney fees. You should not delay with taking action on this claim.

Contact an attorney to discuss your legal matter.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/06, 10:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now