Maryland  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/04/12, 6:28 am

I was rear ended by a drunk driver who took the car without permission. The insurance company has refused the claim. Where do I go from here ? I'm trying to handle this without hiring a lawyer.

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/06/12, 9:07 am by Robert Sher

First of all, if there were injuries involved you are being most unwise to try and handle it yourself, You can be sure that insurance companies will take advantage of you. To answer your question, you will have to make a claim through your uninsured motorists coverage, because there is no insurance coverage for a non-permissive driver under standard liability policies. Even if the driver had his/her own insurance, in all likelihood their carrier will deny the claim. Your UM carrier will probably require you to produce a denial of coverage letter from the carrier for the vehicle.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Wagshal and Sher 4824 Edgemoor Lane Bethesda, MD 20814

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search