Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Maryland

2 years ago, worked for a Residential Property Management company in the sales department. One owner is suing myself, another former employee, the owner and the business for money that was owed to them. Approximately $8000.00. My job was in the sales department, not accounting and I had no authority to cut or sign any checks. Court is October 7th. What do I need to do?

Asked on 9/12/13, 1:04 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

RAYMOND CARIGNAN Raymond Carignan, Esq, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

What County is your case in ?

Have you filed a notice of intent to defend?

When were you served?

Read more
Answered on 9/12/13, 1:07 pm
Thomas Valkenet Young & Valkenet
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You don't say what court (circuit or district) or where (what County). You really ought to sit with a lawyer for an hour to review the facts, the complaint, whether you have been properly served, whether you have properly answered, and what defense you might put on at trial. That defense could include your testimony, the testimony of others, and documents. Don't waste anymore time!

Read more
Answered on 9/12/13, 5:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now