Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Maryland

My parents home ( paid in full ) my mom is deceased, her name is still on deed. Should my dad add my name to the deed of the house ? or in his will he has named me as executive to estate ( its my brother & I ) ???? if he becomes ill and has to go to assisted living or a nursing home , what is the best thing to do ( add name now to deed ) ???? pr will ????

Asked on 2/25/12, 5:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Press Chung & Press, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There are many ways to deal with this situation, and they each have different tax, medicaid eligibility, and other consequences. You need to consult with a lawyer who deals with elder law and estate planning issues and go over the specific circumstances of your family to decide what is best. Do not do this without getting proper legal advice first.

Read more
Answered on 2/25/12, 5:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now