Legal Question in Traffic Law in Maryland

If I thought I scratch a car that was parked almost directly under a street light after 9pm on Friday; I, the person in prosession of the car & 1 other person checked it out & all agreed there was nothing wrong only to turn around on Saturday afternoon & state the mirror was scratched & the lamp cover on the mirror is now cracked; can you truly say I was at fault. The car is parked on a very busy street & mirrors are damaged everyday. Should I now take the charge or fight it out in court? Thank you

William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney

An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

Steven Scheinin Steven J. Scheinin, Lawyer

In my opinion, since the burden of proof is on the State to prove the charge, you always fight the charge.

Jason Cleckner Law Office of Jason Cleckner, LLC

ALWAYS fight this charge. Don't ever plead guilty to anything until you have no choice. Are you saying that the person who owned the car looked at it with you and determined there was no damage? Are you charged with leaving the scene of an accident? If so, that's ridiculous, and you need a good lawyer to put these cops and prosecutors in their place!

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Maryland