Maryland  |  Wills and Trusts

Heirs

My grandmother died 7 yrs ago. My uncle was the executor. He pleaded at my grandmother's funeral to allow him/wife be allowed to live in her house rent free as they had been doing for 30+ yrs. They are both losers.

He died w/o a will about 2 yrs ago. We were never notified & I can find no notice of his death, funeral or burial.

He let the house get rundown, did not pay taxes or utilities and the house was sold in a tax sale that never made settlement. He also went through all of my grandmothers money.

My living uncle found out and asked lawyer to open the case. When my 2 brothers and I met with my uncle to appt. this man personal rep we were told the estate would be split in half. (1/2 to my uncle, 1/2 to be split into 1/3s between me/bros)

We came in again to sign final papers. Now my dead uncle's widow is receiving a 1/3 of the estate. Is this possible? She does not have to sign any paperwork. Rep told me she does not need to.

Paper now says the rep craves following allowances... My uncles funeral expenses ($3900) !

I asked the attorney about these issues and he told me he can do this because my uncle did not leave a will and if I ''have a problem'' with this he will fix it so my bros and I receive nothing.

Answered on: 2/18/08, 3:35 pm by Carter Ferrington

Re: Heirs

It sounds like your grandmother's estate must be settled and then your uncles. It is very confusing as to whether or not these percentages are of your grandmother's estate, your uncles or both. To protect your interests,I would advise you to get good local counsel in the county where your grandmother and uncle resided.

Bar Adon Vogel PLLC 1642 R Street, NW Washington, Dc, DC 20009

Re: Heirs

Re: Heirs

Answered on: 2/18/08, 3:36 pm by Carter Ferrington

Re: Heirs