Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

Single son died without will, no real property

My son who was single with no dependents and no real property has died at 42 without a will. I would like to have his estate open and taken care of. There is a small bank account and a very small 401K. Total will be less than $1,000. I just want to close out his affairs and apply those limited funds to burial expenses. He didn't even have an automobile. He died at home in his rented residence of natural causes.

Asked on 3/17/05, 3:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard S. Stolker Uptown Law, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Single son died without will, no real property

The Register of Wills in the county where your late son resided can help you fill out the forms for a small estate, which is a very simple procedure in Maryland.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/05, 8:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88563 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now