Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

My wife and I have wills executed in Boulder, CO. We now reside in Chevy Chase, MD. Addresses and phone numbers for a number of those named as agents, etc. have also changed. Do the addresses need to be updated for the wills to be legal or are they all right as is?

Sean T. Morris Law Office of Sean T. Morris

The primary issue with the addresses is whether these people could be identified and found were something tragic to happen to you. It is therefore not a bad idea to ensure that the addresses are updated.

Also, as a general matter, it is a good idea to have your estate planning documents reviewed by a professional when you relocate to ensure the documents comply with law of your current domicile. Please let me know (email: stm@morrisesq.com, phone: 301.294.6570) if I can be of any assistance. My office is in downtown Rockville if you would like to get together.

Yours,

Sean

www.morrisesq.com

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland