Legal Question in Workers Comp in Maryland

Hi, I have won my WCC case. I am 100% total perm disabled. It's been 5 yrs since I won my case. My problem is that the ins carrier fails to provide me with doctor ordered items and will fail to approve my pain meds sometimes for up to 2 wks at a time. My doctor ordered a handicap ramp & a very special bed for me....its been over 5 yrs waiting on the bed & 2 yrs for the ramp. To top everything, they still owe me a great deal of money for mileage for the last 9 yrs and all of 2010's mileage. So my question is this...I'll be filing for an emergency hearing soon. Will the commissioner impose fines / penalties against the ins company along with allowing me to receive interest on the money they've held for so long?

Thanks

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

It depends -- hard to say based on the small amount of facts above. If things are as you say and the ins company has intentionally dragged it's feet, sounds like you've got a pretty good case. As you likely know, though, there are never any guarantees in court!

Best of luck.******The above is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client privilege.*******

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Maryland

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms