Massachusetts  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/12/13, 9:39 pm

My father repaired bakery equipment for this establishment a few days before he passed away. The customer gave him three different checks to be deposited one week apart from each other. The first check cleared, but the customer placed a stop payment on the last two, after he found out that my father had passed away. He claims the job was not completed, but my father never got a check before completion of the job. It's not a big amount, and my mom really needs the money (after 39 years of marriage and never worked her whole life). What should I do? The amount owned is within the requirements for small claims. Also, I just have an invoice of the work performed, and the cancelled checks.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search