Legal Question in Technology Law in Massachusetts

Can I write a blog or ebook about activities to accompany movies/TV shows if I don't use any images from the movie or show?

I would like to start a blog, and possibly write an eBook, with educational and art activities to accompany various children's TV episodes or movies. I would list an episode and then give various activities a parent could do with their child following the theme of the episode. Can I legally do this? Would it be legal to include the shows name in the book title? What things legally do I need to consider? Thanks!

You should note that the copyright owner of the show or the broadcaster. But you can write a blog or ebook provided you do not use images and do not violate the copyright of the owner. You can reference a title "Down ________" Produced by X copyright owned by y starring ABC.

You can say it is an example of slap stick and ... or whatever. If you get the book Blogs for Dummies, it should outline the do's and don'ts

More Computer & Technology Law questions and answers in Massachusetts

Computer & Technology Law Legal Forms