Legal Question in Criminal Law in Massachusetts

A friend of mine was just arrested last night by the marshalls. He was a wanted fugitive of massachuetts and they charged him as an out of state fugitive of mass and for sexual assault and sex offender. I was told that he was a fugitive because of a hit and run and there was a police chase.How many more crimes could they charge him with and what amount of time is he looking at?

Gregory Casale Gregory Casale Attorney At Law

I am a little unclear by your description as to where your friend was arrested but it sounds as if your friend was charged with a Fugitive from Justice charge in some state other than Massachusetts because he was wanted by Massachusetts for crimes that he had previously been charged with but had never gone through the court process to completion for in Mass. There is no way to know what other crimes, if any he has evaded in Mass or other states. I am sure that he or she knows. Once brought back to Massachusetts by the marshalls, Mass will hold him on his open charges until he deals with them. He should hire a very good criminal defense lawyer in Mass in the jurisdiction where he is being brought back to. You do not say where that is. If it is Worcester County and he needs to speak with an attorney, you can direct him to my number (508) 752-7500 or toll free at (877) 752-7501. You can also get more information on my web site about Fugitive from Justice charges and old Massachusetts warrants at www.lawworcester.com.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Massachusetts