Massachusetts  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/06/11, 9:34 am

My girlfriend & I recently got into an argument when she came to my home and started the argument and she hit me and was screaming so loud and out of control that I asked her to leave several times and she would not-my landlord saw her kicking my slider and came over & told her to leave at which time I slid the slider door shut and didnt notice she had her finger still on the door when I shut it- I apologized for that and she left. I then called the police to report what had occurred as I did not want her to return later. The police took my statement and advised me as to what to do and to call them if she should come back, etc. I later found out that the police filed A&B w/a dangerous weapon charges on ME despite that this girl went to the police station and in her statement said it was her fault and that her finger injury was an accident. How do I get these charges dismissed?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search