Massachusetts  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/02/13, 6:38 am

I was illegal in USA and left country after divorce avoided my deportation. I was not able to pay a full amount of child support regarding to my divorce agreement because of low level wage in my country and couldn't modify the child support part of my divorce agreement because there is no child support regulation between my country and USA. My ex-wife never filled for non-paying child support. So, i paid 20% of my monthly income which is rate for child support in there. After 4 years i returned to USA as a legal immigrant and my ex-wife requested to pay in full amount of child support and 1/2 all major expenses for 4 years regarding to our divorce agreement. I just came back to USA, plus I'm in the middle of bankruptcy and have no idea what to do. Please, if anyone had/ has experience with such a problem, help me with the advice. Thank you, Nick.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search