Massachusetts  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/28/07, 3:42 pm

motion to stay on family & probate court order pending appeal

I received a court order ordering my ex-husband to pay back child support (guilty of a contempt charge) and increasing my future child support payments to guidelines. He is appealing this decision. Does he now have comply with the order until the appeal is heard. If not, does he have to file a motion to stay and how long does he have to do that?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search