Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

We are in the process of my husband adopting m daughter. We have all the documents we need including the surrender of rights from the bio father. We were told we had everything, then a judge denied the waiver for an investigation/home study from dcf. He did not give a reason and no one seems to have answers. All our records (CORI) are clean and everything's legit. Even the clerks were baffled as to why he denied it. This home study is a very time consuming process and my daughter is upset and confused as to why they are making this such a process when we have all our eggs in the basket. Is there anything we can do to appeal the waiver denial, and don't we have a right to know the reason for denial? Also we were told we can't speak with or set up a meeting with this judge to see what the problem is. No one will help us! Thanks.

Christopher Vaughn-Martel VAUGHN-MARTEL LAW

Our office routinely brings motions of this kind for adoptive parents throughout the Commonwealth. There may be something wrong with your motion, or the facts or grounds asserted by you. I would encourage you to retain counsel for assistance here. The cost of an attorney will be less than the cost of a home study.

I think I would take a copy of your motion and the judge's decision to an attorney for review. If there is a problem with the Motion the attorney should spot it.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts