Massachusetts  |  Employment Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/28/13, 10:38 am

Is there any legal recourse for a person who has been working for an organization...non-profit for about 12 years without a formal employee contract. They worked under the table for this non-profit and were treated like an employee.

The organization now wants to turn around and among other things ... avoid paying them sick pay, vacation money etc because they have fallen on hard times. There is a draft agreement in the works by this organization to make them pay for their own taxes, be fired at the discretion of the organization

Up till this point .. they received a weekly stiphen or agreed salary. The relationship is considered working under the table

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search