Legal Question in Employment Law in Massachusetts

Termination - Retaliation

I was employed with my current company for over 10 years. I was fired a few days after my company received notification that their distribution rights with the ''factory'' would be terminated in 6 months. I have represented the ''factory'' for almost 30 years being employed with three different companies over the years. I feel I was fired in blatant retaliation by my current company due to their loss of the distribution rights. What is my recourse? Is retaliation an appeal I can win with the MA DUA since unemployment benefits will be denied because I was fired? Is there any recourse against the company? Thank you.

Christina Montgomery Law Office of Christina L. Montgomery

Re: Termination - Retaliation

I'm not sure I understand your circumstances with regard to the factory issues, but wanted to respond to your DUA issue. You will not be denied unemployment solely on the basis of being fired. Your employer will have to prove that your termination was for a reason that disqualifies you from unemployment benefits.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Massachusetts

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms