Legal Question in Personal Injury in Massachusetts

Can I appeal surcharge notice for car accident due to slippery road?


I need help to decide if I should appeal below case for my surcharge notice or not :

Accident happened in parking lot of my apartments building. One side of parking lot was clean where my vehicle was parked and other side of parking lot was slippery covered with snow which I was not aware of. I pulled my car from clean side of parking lot and was driving towards other side of slippery parking lot. As soon as I took left turn and entered other side of parking lot my car slid and struck other unoccupied parked vehicle.

I have a police report which states that my car struck when I was attempting to turn in snow covered road.

I will appriciate if you can advice me to appeal surcharge notice or not.




Asked on 9/26/09, 8:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Casale Gregory Casale Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I have successfully argued that where the tires were new, the brakes were new (a new automobile) all equipment was properly functioning and applied properly, that it was not the driver's fault in a single car collision where the car spun in the snowy roadway (Mass Pike) and struck a guard rail. It is a tough argument to make, but as I said, I have succeeded with it once before.

Read more
Answered on 10/01/09, 11:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Massachusetts

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now