Legal Question in Personal Injury in Massachusetts

Hello, I have received a Summons regarding a lead paint lawsuit regarding an Albany rental property that the plaintiff lived at or frequented from 1993-1997. The only problem is I never owned the property. When I contacted the law firm who sent the summons to inform them of this fact they said maybe they had the wrong address and want to now change the plaintiff's address to a rental property I did own.

What are my options? Thank you

Asked on 7/19/13, 7:20 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Alan Pransky Law Office of Alan J. Pransky
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should notify your insurance company immediately and consult a lawyer about representing you. Even though you never owned the property you can still be ordered to pay money for damages if you ignore the complaint. You need to hire a lawyer to respond to the complaint. Even if the plaintiff amends the complaint, you will still have to pay money if you don't respond within 20 days. The potential exists for a huge judgment against you and you don't want to handle this wihtout consulting a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 7/19/13, 7:32 am
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

you are a fool not to hire a lawyer. Just my opinion. JBS

Read more
Answered on 7/19/13, 9:12 am
Christopher Vaughn-Martel VAUGHN-MARTEL LAW
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The others are correct. You simply need to retain counsel immediately.

Read more
Answered on 7/21/13, 5:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Massachusetts

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now