Massachusetts  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/10/13, 10:19 am

I own a house that I rented for many years and now want to renovate and make my primary residence. I've gutted the first floor and started doing electrical, plumbing,etc with some friends when someone informed me I should have permits for all this work I'm doing. I thought as the homeowner I could do what I wanted to the home, but after doing some research I've discovered I was ignorant and didn't perform due diligence. In MA you are required to be licensed to do plumbing and electrical. What do I do now and how much trouble am I in? Should I tear out the plumbing and electrical and go get the permits? What about the demolition/gutting I've done, Should I have gotten a permit? Am I in trouble? Should I hire a lawyer?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search