Legal Question in Veterans Law in Massachusetts

My mother is experiencing some early cognitive issues making it unable for her to live on her own. She is now living with me in another state. My question is this: Does she have veteran military benefits from my dad being in the military for over 30 years (he is now deceased but she is receiving his ARMY pension.) If so, who would I contact to confirm or process? Also would benefits vary by state?

Asked on 1/26/11, 12:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Duffy Law Office of Joseph L. Duffy
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

VA Benefits do not vary based on state residence. However, each state has an office of Veterans Services which may provide benefits separately.

If your father was receiving or entitled to VA Benefits, dependent on his status, your mother may be eligible for DIC.

Read more
Answered on 1/28/11, 4:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Veterans Law questions and answers in Massachusetts

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now