Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Massachusetts

This was great, thank you. A big issue is that the final accounting. I was told in the letter that would be forthcoming "soon" although it was not in the packet of information. It has not been sent, and this was weeks ago. There were two forms enclosed, one for the approval of the disbursements and another simple form signing that I had received the final check. I have no idea what was disbursed and was not even told when the estate was going to and when it went to probate.

It seems to me to be an issue of convenience and time management, and not having to wait for the recepient to send in the final form before final estate closing stating. I understand that undoubtedly is hard to remind people to do. However, the recourse for not receiving what I have signed I received, although there, is undoubtedly most time consuming and also, expensive.

Denise Leydon Harvey Harvey Law Offices

You should be able to see the final account before you assent to anything. Ask if the final account is ready for review yet.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Massachusetts