Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Massachusetts

I want to be informed when my biological father dies so he can have a burial but he no longer lists my brother and I as relatives (we were "disowned" over 20 years ago) there is no other family. How can I do this? I am not interested in any inheritance.

Asked on 6/13/12, 1:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alexandra Golden Golden Law Center
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The short answer is that you can't force the issue. As your father's child, notice to will be required when the estate is administered, but that will be some time after the burial. Perhaps you could ask one of your father's neighbors to let you know.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/12, 1:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Massachusetts

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now