Massachusetts  |  Wills and Trusts

Pre-Trial Hearing & Crooked Administrator

My brother is the administrator of mother's estate. No will and a car and a small piece of real estate as true assets. My brother wants the property, he's offered $10.00 and said he will sell it to himself for that. He submitted an inaccurate inventory (included a named beneficiary acct. and joint acct., made up values, failed to include the car and other items he and my brother took)

We fought this for a while with a lawyer, he was very ineffective, just kept complaining about what my brother and his lawyer were passing thru the courts but did virtually nothing about it. he gave up on us, after 2 yrs of paying him he told us to just send my brother a nasty letter.

pretrial is scheduled in MA, we live in CO. Can the pre-trial be conducted by phone conference? can we request a date change? (sister has the same cancer mom died of and her MRI is scheduled for same day. i just started a new job and can't get the time off. How do we do this if we can?

what my brother is doing is so wrong. doesn't the court care that he's being so deceitful?

I want to make an offer on the property, how do i do this?

thanks for any help.