Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Mexico

Timeshare rip off

I signed a timeshare contract with Playa Del Sol that states you can cancel within 5 business days. I sent cancellation letter through registered mail within the 5 day cooling off period, exercising my right to cancel. They refuse to honor my request stating my letter of cancellation did not reach them within the 5 days (they were also notified through calls of my intent to cancel). Also, I was informed by their sales representative that a registered letter dated before the 5 days cancellation period must be honored by Mexican law. I have been back and forth with this resort attempting to resolve this situation. I have filed with Profeco (they are currently working on my case) and enconsumer.gov. I have followed their law yet refuse to return my downpayment and cancel the contract. Is there anything you can do to help? Please advise. This has been going on since 8/05

Antonio Maldonado Maldonado Law Group PC

Re: Timeshare rip off

You should have a dual-licensed (US and Mexico) attorney review your contract and all of the details of your matter so that you can have an accurate asessment of what can be done in your case.

Best regards,

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Mexico