Michigan  |  Disability Law

A month ago a harassment situation between two co-workers broke out at work, I was brought in as witness to this situation. Upon its resolution I was asked to notify supervision if the individual in question were to act in an unprofessional manner again.

Two weeks ago I notified supervision of a continuation of this behavior from my peer. The issue was addressed and resolved.

One week ago I was sent to the company doctor to check on a rash I'd developed during my employ for this company.

Yesterday the lab results came back and the company doctor gave them a notice saying I could not come in contact with a particular chemical that was used in day to day operation of 90% of our company equipment.

Today I was fired. The official reason given was they decided the report of continued harassment I provided regarding the previously mentioned co-worker was false and I was terminated for unprofessional conduct.

I am all too certain I was let go because of the allergic reaction in the work place which to my knowledge the ADA regards as illegal.

My questions is do I have a case, if I were to pursue legal action would there be any positive outcome in my favor or would it just bruise my pocketbook?

I live in Michigan (Right to Work) and that is one of my biggest hesitations.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Answered on: 5/08/13, 6:55 am by Timothy Klisz

It sounds very fishy and I think you might have a case. Contact my office to discuss further. Tim Klisz

Klisz Law Office, PLLC 39111 W. Six Mile Rd. Livonia, MI 48152