Michigan  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/19/13, 5:25 am

I own my own cake business, but it is not registered as a real business, I just do it out of my home. I made a cake for a lady whose son was turning one. She had sent me a 50% deposit ($45) beforehand and when I dropped the cake off she said that it was cute and she gave me a check for the other $45. Two minutes after I left, she calle me twice and left me voicemails both times expressing how unhappy she was with the cake. I admit..it wasnt my best work and it wasn't exactly how she wanted it but I told her everything that would look different before I did the cake. Long story short, she said she hid the cake and never used it but I could have it back because she wants her money back. I feel like I made the cake and delivered it so I did my part and told her that I do not do refunds but I would be happy to make her something else to make it up to her. She then told me that she would tell her lawyer if I didn't refund her. Would she be able to sue me over a $90 cake?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/19/13, 5:27 am by Timothy Klisz

Could she, yes. Would she, I highly douby it. A phone call to the lawyer could cost more. Or she could file in small claims court.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Klisz Law Office, PLLC 39111 W. Six Mile Rd. Livonia, MI 48152

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search