Michigan  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/07/13, 12:01 pm

I'm filing a small claims in MI against another company. Who should I list as the defendant? My husband or our company? We have an LLC and he's the one who signed the papers with the other company.

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/07/13, 12:57 pm by Miles Murphy

The parties who actually signed the contract should be listed as the plaintiff and defendant. However, you should have an attorney review the contract and the proposed Small Claims Complaint to make sure you list the correct parties and also to see if you can obtain personal liability for the defendant by including him or her on the Complaint. If you have any questions, or would like to achedule a free one hour office consultation, contact our Grand Rapids office at 616-458-3994 or info@pmalawpc.com

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Plachta, Murphy & Associates, P.C. 124 E Fulton, Ste 100 Grand Rapids, MI 49503

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search