Michigan  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/21/11, 1:38 pm

I am on a "full-ride" scholarship at a public university in Michigan. I signed my agreement/acceptance of the scholarship when I was 17 years old. I will have sufficient credits next year to graduate early by 1 year. However, I just found out that I need an extra 36 credits to fulfill "Honors" requirements for my scholarship, which would push my graduation back a year and create issues, as I am already signed up to leave for the Marine Corps next May. If I choose not to do so, is it likely/possible that I could get sued? Or instead will they just withold my degree? Or neither?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search