Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

a formal complaint was made on me last week that suppose to have occurred 3 years. ago. I suppose to make my statement. next month to investigator for allege molestation of my niece. can I file a false police report on the accused

Christopher Brown Brown & Associates, Legal Services, PLLC

You should proceed with extreme caution. Do not make any statement to the police. Even in the pre-charge phase you should retain an attorney to insulate you from police "getting your side" of story which would be used to hang you. I have handled these types of cases as both a police officer and defense attorney, there goal is to find or fabricate inconsistencies or elicite admissions to corrobrate the complainant's version of events. Your false report issue can come later. You need to shut your mouth and consult with counsel. See my website http://cbrownlegal go to my blog and page down to "Top ten reasons you should not to the police" call me to speak more about your concerns if you wish.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan