Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

Hello,

I was initially charged with CSC 1, those charges were dismissed. However when my lawyer at the time called to inform me of the verdict he then stated that he was in the room with the prosecuting attorney and the judge and he the prosecuting attorney wants to bring assault charges against you. I immediatley stated no and why? He then stated stated to me that it would be in my best interest for me not to take this to a jury trial because of the color of my skin and the town that this occured in. He then stated that the offer, which was to plead guilty to assault, be placed on probation for a year, pay your fines, stay out of trouble and then this will be expunged form your record. I complied, In the meanwhile it is now 4 years later since I've completed probation. Yet these charges remained on my record. The CSC 1 is on my record as and the assault charge as well. I was given a document stating that the assault charge was dismissed.What do I need to do to have these items completely expunged from my record, its hindering my employment opportunities? - Thanks

Charles Kronzek Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.

Your first step is to obtain a copy of your criminal record from the Michigan State Police. Your attorney can then take the appropriate steps to correct any inaccurate statements in your records.

The criminal lawyers in our Lansing office can assist you if you want to hire an attorney. They can be reached at (517) 886-1000.

You can read more at: www.AggressiveCriminalDefense.com

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan