Michigan  |  Criminal Law

A work background check shows I was charged with a felony home invasion in 1/2007. It named me as a co-defendant to a person who lived down the street from me. I was never friends with them and was never involved in a home invasion, nor was I ever questioned, arrested, or made known of any charge against me. I have no idea what it is about. The court record shows I was charged with the crime and it says "recommendation for warrant," ( I checked random reports and this was ALWAYS followed with "warrant signed") however it never shows a warrant being issued or signed. I have a clean record, with not so much as a speeding ticket. I have been in the military since this time, purchased firearms, and had security clearances that showed nothing of the aforementioned matter. What do I do?

All information on the court website matches myself, including full name and d.o.b. Furthermore, I live out of state now and traveling to the court in question would be unduly burdensome, and next to impossible. They will give no information over the phone, and to make matters worse, it is in Wayne County, which is known for being disorganized and chaotic. I have passed numerous federal background checks, have traveled out of country several times, and nothing has come up until this most recent employee background check; it literally makes not sense