Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Michigan

Woman more qualified, still ''indefinitely layed off''

I ave been indefinitely ''layed off'' read fired. My position was sales sec.I did my job above and beyond what was expected, this was told to me in a room full of my superiors. I worked hand in hand with the whole sales staff (which is a multimillion $company),my predicament is this, my lay off was deemed because of lack of work. Yes, we did slow down, but I have a hard time understanding why a production employee (male) was promoted to the office for a sales rep. position. I am with out a doubt the most qualified and was not even considered?I even set up the interview for him! I have letters of recmnd. peers/sales stf. everyone is not shocked by my non-promotion, since no woman holds(or may never have)a sales postn. But they all agree I was the one for the job, I did it anyway,just not the volume done by the guys. Out of room but theres more.what do ya think?

William Stern William Stern, P.C.

Re: Woman more qualified, still ''indefinitely layed off''

If you are the Metropolitan Detroit area, give Terri Gorman a call. She is located in Southfield. Tell her that we spoke through the internet. She specializes in cases such as yours. Bill Stern 248-353-9400

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Michigan