Michigan  |  DUI Law

So my boyfriend is on probation for a DUI with fleeing and aluding. We got into an altercation july 15/11 he was blackout drunk threw me on the ground twice, punched 2 holes in my wall and tried to burn my bed. That night they took him to jail after hunting him down w.the K-9 and now he has 19 probation violations, and on top of it now has DV, MDOB, and driving while lisence suspended, revoked, denied. (he doesnt have any violent priors) Do you think the judge will send him to prison or jail and how long for if so?????

I didnt know what catagorey to put this question under...

(judge also has a no contact order which im trying to get lifted so i can talk to him)

Answered on: 7/26/11, 6:55 pm by Miles Murphy

I definitely advise him to seek counsel. There are multiple charges and only an attorney can provide the best options. If you are in the Grand Rapids area contact our office for a no charge initial consultation to discuss options.

Plachta, Murphy & Associates, P.C. 124 E Fulton, Ste 100 Grand Rapids, MI 49503

Answered on: 7/26/11, 9:34 pm by William Morrison

It sounds like they're all misdemeanors- so no prison (unless his F&E was a felony) , but up to a year in jail. His bond is probably too high for you to post and you shouldn't anyway. I'd advise against a bondsman as he needs to spend some time inside and he'll get credit for time served at sentencing.

If I were the judge, I'd leave the no-contact order in place.

Action Defense Center 4000 Livernois, Suite 140 Troy, MI 48098-4712

Answered on: 7/27/11, 9:50 am by Timothy Klisz

Why would you possibly want no contact lifted? Stay away as far as possible or you could get seriously hurt.

Klisz Law Office, PLLC 39111 W. Six Mile Rd. Livonia, MI 48152